Sunday, April 10, 2005

Ol' flicks...got new!

Ok pals,the next best thing recommended by me are few of the hollywood famous stuff...I saw them while Holi break in IIT Delhi...had I got the chance, would have gone for more...Still to start with,"To Kill A Mockingbird"..fabulous film which is not complete copy of the same story by Harper Lee but whatever is shown in the movie,has been a good depiction of the novel and the recommendation goes not only for this but for fetching Gregory Peck his oscar for the movie...Then comes "In the name of the father"..this Daniel Day Lewis movie was nominated for oscars alongwith "Philadelphia"...But this movie,by far has been best over the IRA issue...even better than much acclaimed "The Devils Own"...and then I saw a completely different movie starrign Edward Norton."The American History X"..this was a marvellous drama about the american society and the neo-nazis living up there...and last but not the least,I saw "The Memento"...A completely different thriller for the reason that it runs from end to start...and no doubt,it has been rated The best Thriller of 2001...
So,budddies whenever,u land into this oppurtunity of landing into movie world,just try to have any of them...to have some good and fats pacing time with the movies....No doubt,I'll be coming up with the next issue of my filmi magazine sooner...till then,keep watching this space...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jayant.....great to hear about the awesome movies that you saw.Memento has ben one of my personal favorites too, and stars two of most underrated thespians in guy Pierce and Carrie Ann Moss.Even i am on what i call a "research and watch" spree these days.I have a penchant for horror and gore for it needs class to make a classic spooky flick,on my itenerary have been movies like "Visitor Q","Ravenous"(on cannibalism),old favorites like The Blob and The Thing,classic based movies like "Fall of the House of Usher"(allan poe based) and others.
Now i want to do a run of Stephen King novel based movies...like The Shining,Pet Sematary,Salem's Lot etc.
Maybe we can write more about movies.....
Anyway....know any address of a good video library in delhi???
care and regards

Chandra Jayant said...

Hello Abhay,
Great to hear from u on my post.However,my taste for blood and gore is something to the psychic level,but indeed I have seen only famous horrors of both english and hindi,which includes 'The exorcist' series and 'Evil-dead' series alongwith 'Friday,the 13th' and 'The Omen' series.I would go for the recommendations made by you.Still,movies like 'The Shining' fall in other category and I have seen it under 'Stanley Kubrick' category.
The idea of discussing movies,i think may land us into starting some site or blog totally committed to it so that there may be widespread collection of thoughts minus the usual discussions over other topics and I'll let u know if I go for any improvement in this regard.
About video library,since 'm not from delhi but I have seen many movies at my friend's place in delhi when I used to visit them,I used to take cds from a shop named 'San World',located in Katwaria Sarai.The address is something which can't be dictated out here but next time when I'll visit Piyush or if we meet,I'll show u people the shop.I'm telling Piyush' name coz afterall the area is near his place.

Chandra Jayant said...

Anyways Abhay,when are u going to do something on your post.There's gonna be some storming entries into it,the moment u start it.
So,don't let your fans wait no more.
take care..

Dipankar Kaundilya said...

bhai kahan kho gaye ho main bahut yaad kar raha hun...koi khabar nahi hai..please contact me.....